July 2015

  In the mid­sixteenth century, the region was donated by King John III of Portugal, Pero de Gois, when passed, then, was called Captaincy of São Tomé, soon renamed the South Paraíba captaincy. At the time, however, the region was inhabited by goitacas Indians who resisted the deployment of sugarcane…

Read More

    Camboriú had the first inhabitants of the Tupi­Guarani Indians. Colonization began in 1826 with the arrival of Azorean Baltasar Pinto Corrêa. Years later, the arrival of the Germans in search of fertile soil, formed a small village in the region, the “Camp of Good Success.”In 1849 Balneario Camboriu…

Read More