Brazil Destinations, Pelotas

 pelotas  pelotas2

The history of the municipality begins in June 1758 through the donation that the General Gomes
Freire de Andrade, the Conde de Bobadela, made to Colonel Thomáz Luiz Osorio, of lands that were
on the margins of the Patos Lagoon. In 1763, fleeing the Spanish invasion, many inhabitants of the
Village of Rio Grande sought refuge in lands belonging to Thomáz Luiz Osorio. Later, came also the
Retirees (migrants of the Colony of the Sacrament, delivered by the Portuguese to the Spaniards in
1777. In 1780, installs in Pellets the Portuguese Jose Pinto Martins. The prosperity of the
establishment has stimulated the growth of the region, giving rise to the village. With the success of
this industry, the charqueadores, featuring two stations mild, constructed mansions for their homes
and promoted the culture and education, in the urban environment, exemplified by the inauguration of
the Theater April 7th, 1831, four years before Pelotas being elevated to the condition of the city. The
Parish of San Francisco de Paula, founded in July 7, 1812 on the initiative of Father Pedro Pereira de
Mesquita, was raised to the category of Village in April 7, 1832. Three years later, in 1835, the Village
is elevated to the position of town, with the name of Pelotas. In the early years of the 20th century,
the progress was driven by Pelotense Bank, founded in 1906 by local investors. Their settlement, in
1931, was bad for the local economy. The name of the municipality, “Pelotas”, originated in vessels of
poles of cork lined with leather, used for crossing the rivers. The Complementary Law number State
paper 9184/1, 1990, created the Conurbation of Pelotas, which in 2001 started to be called Urban
Agglomeration of Pellets and Rio Grande, and in 2002, Urban Agglomeration of the South. This is
characterized by providing a strong integration between the municipalities that constitute it and is the
embryo of a future metropolitan region. Integrate it into the municipalities of Arroio do Father, capon
the Lion, Pelotas, Rio Grande and St. Joseph North, totaling an approximate population of 600,000
inhabitants.
By being located in a coastal plain, the urban area of the municipality is located in low altitude, with,
on average, 7 meters above the sea level. The interior of the municipality is on a plateau with medium
elevations, called Mountains of Southeast, with ceros of moderate undulations and covered with
pasture, known as grassy hills.
The climate of Pelotas is humid subtropical or temperate, represented by Köppen as Cfa. The
summers are tepid and with regular rainfall, with the temperature absolute maximum of the year
amounted to between 34 C and 36 C, approximately, while winters are relatively cold, with frost
frequent (with an average of 20 per year) and the occurrence of mists, with absolute minimum
temperature of the year between ­2 °C and 0 °C.
The economic vocation of Pelotas is the agribusiness and trade. In this last segment, there is a large
representation of Arabs mainly from Lebanon (known erroneously as Turks) and more some
foreigners. Primary Sector The region of Pelotas is the largest producer of peaches for canning
industry of the country, in addition to producing other products such as asparagus, cucumber, figs
and strawberry. The municipality is also great producer of rice and beef herd. Pelotas also has the
higher milk production in the state. Secondary Sector in Pellets there is the presence of industries
connected with the agribusiness industry, textile, tanning of leather and baking. Reforestation for pulp
and paper production has been an economic activity emerging throughout the region. Tertiary Sector
The municipality is large shopping center in the region, attracting buyers from all over the region for
its galleries and shops located on the boardwalk and neighborhoods.
Turistic Points
Asilo de Mendigos ­ Neo­Renaissance Style, founded in June 24, 1894, on land donated by Joaquim
da Silva Tavares (Baron of Santa Key) . It houses the old age and also has a boarding to assist in the
maintenance of expenditure
The State Bank ­ Old Database Pelotense Former headquarters of Bank Pelotense, famous bank
founded in February 5, 1906, boosted the region’s progress and reached to achieve the significant
sum of 69 offices throughout the United Kingdom, of which 24 in the state. The collapse of this bank
so strong is due to a bargain policy until today for many inexplicable. Pelotas with this has a great
impact on its economy, seen as a real disaster. The Bank Pelotense arrived to occupy the third place
in the Country.
Public Library Pelotense Founded by Joaquim Dias, Portuguese journalist, in November 14, 1875, is
the second largest collection of technical books, textbooks and fiction of the State (approximately
100,000 volumes). It has collections of all newspapers published in Pelotas and region of origin.
Performs THE STORY TIME for children, video sessions and monthly CONCERTS FOR YOUTH. It is
located opposite the Square Cells. Pedro Osorio.
Home where it was signed the Peace of 95 ­ Street 15th November, near the Castelinho. There was a
sign on the wall that was recently removed. There was the peace agreement was signed between
birds and woodpeckers because there was one of the heads, Da Silva Tavares who stopped at home
to relatives when it came to Pellets, they lived on the Street 15th November no. 810. Pellets do not
had no combat of said revolution, but here was created the 3RD Infantry Battalion of the National
Guard, under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Analecto Costa Barcelos, of which he was
secretary, the First Lieutenant John Simoes Lopes Neto (writer), who later comes to be captain. The
peace was settled in this city by Generals Innocent Galvão de Queiroz, on the part of the Government
and John Nunes da Silva Tavares, on the part of the revolutionaries, 1895.
Mansion of Felix da Cunha ­ 603 headquarters of Manoel Marques de Souza (future Conde de Porto
Alegre), 1836, Aquartelou during the Farroupilha Revolution, with two battalions, one of Portuguese
soldiers. Resisted during days, threatened by hunger and thirst, and still, to see your aircraft fly by
ares rehabilitates by barrels of gunpowder in tatters. He gave himself up and was arrested. The
townhome was also City Hall, writing of the Daily newspaper of Pellets, College Joseph Seixas,
College Savior, and his successor Bernardo Taveira Junior, College of Dr. Braziliano da Costa e
Silva, telegraph office, headquarters of the Republican Union, headquarters of the Church of the
Redeemer, Headquarters of the Police, Prison, Miguel Barcellos, headquarters of the Society
Eutherpe Musical Carnival Club Although. Its facade is preserved as originally, only won fascia,
because was edge of roof.
Cascade Rainbow­ Place of outstanding natural beauty with rocks huge, leafy trees and clear water.
It is situated 58 km to the center of the city with access to the BR­392, toward Canguçu, entering the
Village Maciel. There is no infrastructure, and to get there we have information in the houses of the
region.
Museum Carlos Ritter The Museum of natural Sciences Carlos Ritter is a component of the Institute
of Biology of the Federal University of Pelotas and is located at Rua Marechal Deodoro, 823. The
museum collection account with numerous species of birds, mammals, reptiles and insects.
Passo do Negros ­ on the coast of the channel are Gonçalo ­ today owned by Mr. dio Daltro Irigoyen ­ little has the characteristics of the past. It is interesting, however, observe the site and remember
that it was the largest port of antislavery state, with their sheds, the slave markets. Thence leaving
marketed (purchase and auction), for the properties. Debret painted the Step of Blacks on screen that
this gives us an idea of how much it was moved and how much it meant for Pellets.
Porto ­ Despite having already had days apogee, the port of Pellets is the third of the State. It is
located in the south zone of the city, the canal bank Bolsward, 11 kilometers of Lagoa dos Patos.
Praia do Laranjal ­ was in orange grove that it began to develop the village of San Francisco de
Paula, then transferred over to the elevated area, where it is today the center of the city. It was there
that came the first Azoreans fugitives from invasion in Rio Grande by Spaniards. planted wheat and
oranges and built churches. Were crops, vineyards and orchards. Cattle, horses and sheep, were the
creation that began. Furtado, Mendonca, untrustworthy, Silveira, Osorio, are remnants of that time.
Today the beach (open terrain in land allotment by the owners) has been transformed into a bustling
place pleasant and that does not say as was past with offices and trapiches for the disposal of wheat.
Ten minutes from the city center, it is a tourist favorite in winter and in summer.
Tunel das Pedras ­ Ancient passage of train to Canguçu, opened in the rock, under the hill of Monte
Bonito, has a length of 300 meters and a height of approximately 10 meters. Passing off for trains,
from which they were removed from the rails, it is a picturesque place for visitation, in full Saw the
Tapes, in the city of Pelotas, Colony are Manoel.

WEATHER ON DESTINATION
°
Weather from OpenWeatherMap